School of Choice
- All applications will be screened for accurate information. This may involve contacting a former or current school district.
- Applications will be accepted April 20-24, May 11-15, June 8-12, July 6-17, and August 3-7. Applications are completed online via the google form. Applications will not be processed outside of these dates.
- Applications will be considered complete once your current school has sent Garden City Schools the transcript request and behavior record for the prior two years.
- You will be notified via e-mail no later than August 22nd of the status of your request.
- Your acceptance is conditional until Garden City Public Schools receives and reviews all school records including disciplinary records.
Once accepted, students may remain in Garden City Public Schools until graduation barring any major behavior issues.
A secondary student athlete participating in the schools of choice option is not eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics for one full semester as defined and governed by the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA).
Students are expected to arrive and depart from school on time. It is expected that parents will pick up students on time when they are attending an after-school activity or evening event.
Code of Conduct:
All Student Code of Conduct rules, procedures, and policies will apply to all students who enter Garden City Public Schools under the schools of choice guidelines and procedures. Copies are available at www.gardencityschools.com
Parents of schools of choice students are expected to provide transportation to and from school.
Timelines: Application Deadline see above
Enrollment paperwork must be completed within two (2) weeks of receiving an acceptance call/email. If enrollment is not completed within the two-week period, the space for your child will be forfeited.
Openings: Grade # of Openings
1st - 6th 5
7th - 8th 10
9th – 11th 10
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category