School of Choice
Thank you for your interest in Garden City Schools
School of Choice open application period for Kindergarten through 11th grade will be:
April 8 – 12
May 13 – 17
June 10 – 1 4
July 8 – 19
August 5 – 9
The openings at each grade level are:
Kindergarten . . . . .30
1st – 5th . . . . . . . . . . 5
7th – 8th . . . . . . . . . 10
9th – 11th . . . . . . . . 10
If we receive more applicants than we have openings for we will hold a random drawing to select students and a wait list will be established. All applicants will be notified by e-mail on August 13th whether they are accepted or on a wait list. When you are notified there will be a list of documents that we will need as well as the enrollment process.
- All 1st through 11th grade applicants must supply:
- a current report card or transcript
- A discipline/behavior record for the 2017-18 and 2018-19 school years.
- Transportation/bussing is not provided. Parents of school of choice students are expected to provide transportation to and from school.
- All students are expected to arrive and depart from school on time. It is expected that parents will pick up students on time when they are attending an after-school activity or evening event.
- All Student Code of Conduct rules, procedures and policies will apply to all students who enter Garden City Public Schools under the schools of choice guidelines and procedures.