Michigan Department of Education Transparency Survey
Parents and other caregivers of children from preschool through grade 12 are invited to provide feedback on Michigan’s new, online “transparency dashboard” designed to show the performance of every public school in Michigan, including public school academies. The dashboard is currently under development by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE). It is expected to be made available to the public by early 2018.
The new dashboard will report on more than 20 different factors—or measures—that parents and other stakeholders have said are important to them when evaluating the quality of a school. The survey allows participants to view components of the new dashboard, then answer questions about the way information is presented, the usefulness of certain features, and viewers’ unique interests. The Michigan Department of Education will use survey feedback to help shape the current and future versions of the dashboard so that it is helpful to parents in every community.
- Click the link below (or type the survey URL into your web browser) to access the online survey: surveymonkey.com/r/MDEESSA_Dashboard2017
- Survey details:
- The survey can be completed on any computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- The survey should take no more than 15 minutes to complete.
- All answers will be confidential.
- Survey must be completed by November 15, 2017.